Friday, June 27, 2014

Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad



Recently while pinning I have been coming across many recipes that include watermelon and feta cheese in a salad- it seems to be pretty trendy... Now, I am not a huge watermelon person, but I do LOVE feta and something about the watermelon/feta cheese combination just grabbed my attention, so I have been searching for a good recipe to try ever since!

The one that I finally settled on, actually came from Sprout (the channel my son watches)!  Every now and then they will share healthy recipes with their viewers.  I saw this and thought it just looked delicious and, again, EASY so I knew I had to attempt it!  The kalamata olives and red wine was another part of the combination that reeled me in, so I went ahead and made it for lunch today! 

Nothing fancy about it, just throw all the ingredients together and be prepared to be WOW-ed!  The taste is unbelievable- super tasty and refreshing and just screams "SUMMER"...

Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad

 Arugula (I used an arugula/spinach mix)
Watermelon 
Red Onion
Kalamata Olives
Feta Cheese
Red Wine Vinegar (and oil if you like)
Black Pepper


Cut watermelon into bite size pieces, or what I did, was use a melon baller, and throw in a bowl on top of greens.
Chop onion and add to bowl.
Add olives and as much feta as you wish.
Sprinkle with some red wine vinegar and toss! (I didn't add oil to mine, but I know most people enjoy red wine vinegar AND oil, so feel free to add that.)
I always top everything with pepper so go ahead and add some black pepper to the top too!

  <3LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment