Monday, June 23, 2014

Baked Avocado Stuffed with Spicy Tuna

I think this is one of the few posts I have actually done in an attempt to replicate food I have had while abroad.  This is a completely original recipe and came from my memories of Granada, Spain and my host mother, Menchu... she used to serve us the freshest salads- tuna on a bed of lettuce or tomato, onion, and lettuce salad.  There was no dressing, and this was the reason the salads were so refreshing!- they only dressed the salads with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.  The taste was unforgettable!
She also frequently prepared us "bocadillos" (sandwiches) with "picatún" which was a spicy tuna.  When I saw that Starkist made a spicy tuna, I decided to give it a try, although it is nothing compared to what I had in Spain.   I combined these tastes and my love for avocados and this was the result...

Baked Avocado Stuffed with Spicy Tuna

1 Avocado
Sweet and Spicy Starkist canned tuna
Lettuce
Olive Oil
1 Lemon
Parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut avocado lengthwise, separate the halves, and remove pit.  Take a spoon and scoop all around the outside of the avocado to remove it from the skin.

Arrange lettuce leaves on plate and drizzle with olive oil and then squeeze lemon juice over lettuce.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper over lettuce as well.

Spoon tuna to fill the hole where the pit was in the avocado.
Sprinkle tuna with pepper and Parmesan cheese. 

Bake for 20 mins.

Serve baked avocados over bed of lettuce and top with more lemon juice.

BakeThatAvocado<3LML

No comments:

Post a Comment