Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tex-Mex Tortilla Pizza

If you plan well, taco meat goes a long way.  I usually cook 2 to 3 pounds of meat at a time so I can whip it out for a few quick meals/snacks throughout the week.  We love our Tex-Mex and can handle it more than one night a week! At the beginning of the week we did a burrito/nacho night and I prepared the meat, and then on one of our busy nights that same week, when we all ate something different (me-hummus, kids-mac n cheese), I came up with this yummy pizza for Ricardo with the leftover meat and (minimal) ingredients that I ALWAYS have available- now, I will have this "go to" and will only need to prepare the meat, no special shopping list required! And I know I don't have to say that it's super simple and quick to make- that's how I roll!

Tex-Mex Tortilla Pizza

Prepared taco meat
Burrito size flour tortillas
Shredded taco/nacho cheese
Ortega Taco Sauce
Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
Onion, chopped
Green Olives, chopped
(and of course, any other toppings you desire...)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*The secret is in the sauce!- Spread Ortega Taco Sauce on tortilla.
Top with shredded cheese and then taco meat.
Top with more shredded cheese to cover meat. (We LOVE cheese...)
Spread chopped tomatoes, onions, and green olives on top of cheese evenly. 
Bake in oven until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy and slightly browned. 
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


TryIt.<3LML

No comments:

Post a Comment