Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Marinated Beef Tips and Veggie Sauté Over Sticky Rice

Summer time= trying to save money by cutting down on my usual once a week grocery shopping trips! 

 This causes me to have to scrounge the cabinets and try to make a meal out of ingredients that we already have.  Last night I made no plans for dinner... it's funny that during the school year I seem to be more on top of meal planning and organization even though I am busier than in the summer!  So, last night I went to the freezer and found some beef tips that I had bought at one point but didn't use and ended up freezing them.  I also had some frozen mixed veggies and of course, sticky rice!  (I literally have a 10 lb. bag that my girlfriend gave me, so rice is always on hand!)

I have made many-a stir fry, but I always end up making it too dry or not very flavorful, or something just doesn't seem right.  Yesterday however, I think I ended up making some pretty moist and flavorful beef to throw on top of the sticky rice!

Marinated Beef Tips and Veggie Sauté Over Sticky Rice

Package of Beef Tips (the kind cut for stew)
Marinade:
Italian Dressing
Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic Salt
Salt
Pepper 

Olive Oil
Soy Sauce
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
White Rice or Sticky Rice
Butter

Put beef tips in a Tupperware container, plastic bag or any other container.  Pour Italian dressing over beef until tips are covered.  Add about half of that amount of Worcestershire sauce to the beef.  Season beef with Onion Onion until all tips have seasoning on them.  Do the same with Seasoned Salt.  Sprinkle garlic salt, salt, and black pepper over tips to your liking.  Mix beef tips in marinade so that all tips are coated.  Close container or bag, put it in the refrigerator, and let it marinate for an hour to an hour and a half, or longer if you desire.  

In the meantime, go ahead and cook the rice according to the package.  I cooked two cups of rice and after it is cooked but still hot, I like to add a big spoonful of butter and salt to it. : )


After beef tips have marinated, heat up a skillet and drizzle with olive oil.  Add beef tips AND all marinade from the container to the skillet.
Sauté beef in the marinade in the pan until the beef is mostly cooked through and most of the marinade has been reduced.  I then took the beef tips out of the skillet and cut them down to smaller pieces since the tips for stew tend to be cut a bit larger.  After you have cut down the tips into smaller pieces, add the desired amount of frozen veggies and continue to sauté.  There should be a little bit of marinade left in the skillet.
After veggies are cooked, taste and add any more seasoning if you think it needs it.
Finally drizzle beef/veggie mixture with soy sauce.

Serve over rice.

Happysauteing<3LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment