Thursday, June 19, 2014

Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks

I will take no credit for this recipe except for finding it on Pinterest!  I am a Pinterest fanatic and part of my existence is finding and trying out recipes that I find and sharing them with ya'll if they are worth it.  I have actually found very few recipes that have not panned out for me...  This recipe is again, incredibly simple to prepare, that's part of my requirements, and it is amaaaazing!  I made it quickly yesterday for a snack while I was watching our kids swim in the pool!  

Benefits of eating cabbage!  <--click to read about WHY you should eat cabbage...

If you have never tried cabbage, or are not a cabbage lover, this is a good recipe to start with!  We have some friends that we have over probably every other weekend for dinner over the summer and I will definitely be preparing this as a side one of those nights!  This would be a great side to accompany whatever you will be throwing on the grill this summer or for just a snack...


Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks

Head of cabbage
Olive Oil
Garlic Cloves
Salt
Black Pepper
*Parmesan cheese (I added this ingredient)


Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel outer leaves from cabbage.
Slice cabbage into round slices...however many you want...
Smash garlic clove by laying a knife on top of it and pounding your hand over the flat side of knife.
Peel off skin and rub smashed garlic clove over each cabbage slice on both sides of the slice.
Drizzle olive oil over each slice and spread around with basting brush.
Finely chop the smashed garlic and put some on each of the slices.
Sprinkle each slice with desired amount of salt and then pepper.
Sprinkle each slice with Parmesan cheese.
Cook in oven for 20-30 mins.



Remove and flip each slice to other side.
Drizzle other side with oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Cook in oven for another 20-30 mins.

Add an extra drizzle of olive oil and top with more parm.

Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment