Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Weeknight rush.

     One of my most difficult tasks is coming home from a long school day, picking up the kids, and then having dinner ready by 530 or 6 o'clock...so they can take a bath and be in bed by 645!  Recently I have been trying out some different crockpot recipes, and those I will post later.  Today I will share one of my favorite "go to" recipes for a Monday or Tuesday night that is pretty quick to prepare and that I know everyone will eat; baked pork chops!

     I am a lover of Shake 'n' Bake, but I have become an even bigger lover of my simple DIY "shake 'n' bake." This meal can be prepared in under 30 mins, it depends how you like your chops done.  You can even get some of the things ready the night before, or in the morning before you leave for work to save some time- just mixing the egg and milk, and shake and bake mixture and keeping it in the fridge does save a few minutes...and in this case, every minute counts!

Baked Italian and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops



Extra virgen olive oil  
1egg
1/4 cup milk
Italian bread crumbs
Lawry's seasoned salt
Grated Parmesan cheese
Chili powder
Red pepper flakes
Thin cut pork chops (about 6-7)

 
Preheat oven to 450.
Drizzle bottom of glass casserole dish with EVOO.
Mix one egg with milk.
Mix together bread crumbs, Lawry's, and grated Parmesan cheese. (and here is where I will apologize:  I rarely measure!) so mix together whatever you think looks good.  I pretty much filled a shallow dish with bread crumbs then added equal parts of Lawry's and Parmesan.
Coat both sides of each pork chop in the milk/egg mixture and then do the same in the bread crumb mixture.

                    

Lay pork chops in casserole dish.
We love spicy, but you might not, so this part is optional:  sprinkle each piece with chili powder and red pepper flakes.  
Then drizzle EVOO on top of all chops.  (I bake a few for the kids in a glass pie plate without the spicy stuff!)

                           

Bake for 10-15 mins. Depending on how you like yours done.  I baked ours for 10 and they were slightly pink.
Turn all chops to the other side, and if you are going spicy, season this side too.  Then bake an additional 10-15 mins on that side.
Serve with simple sides such as rice and biscuits if this is a weeknight!!   

                             



Chao- LML

No comments:

Post a Comment