Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mucho gusto conocerlos!


Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Lauren and I currently live in Texas.  Originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, I am a lover of cold weather, rain, Pittsburgh Steelers football, culture, hockey, great food, foreign languages, family traditions, art, music, and good beer.  I am a bilingual teacher and a full-time mother, and I am now pursuing one of my all-time passions; food!  

I have done my share of exploring different restaurants in places all over the world, and indulging in the home cooking of my grandmothers, aunts, and my mother for years.  I have been to Granada, Spain where I sampled the Spanish cuisine of my host mom Menchu, and traveled to the farthest reaches of southern Patagonia where I enjoyed the Chilean cooking of Ms. Pola.  These recipes are fondly sketched into notebooks that I will dig up and recreate. 

Through this blog, I hope to chronicle my new journey. I will share and communicate my vast experiences with food by researching and trying various recipes, and by recreating favorite recipes from my family, my travels, and, my way of keeping up with modern society, Pinterest.  I am not one for lengthy ingredient lists and usually look for simple recipes, so more than likely you will be reading and trying recipes that have been made easier and are realistically do-able for someone who has a demanding job and a family! Que aprovechen!

No comments:

Post a Comment