Sunday, August 24, 2014

Steamed kale with garlic and feta

One thing I finally got around to doing this summer while I had some time off, was figuring out what to do with this super trendy, amazingly delicious, leafy green vegetable!  Again, my motto; simple and tasty!  Hopefully, if you have not yet ventured into the kale world, and have been wondering how to prepare it, this recipe will help you out!  I plan to continue preparing this for my lunches and side dishes for dinner during the school year!

Steamed kale with garlic and feta

Kale
Salt
Black pepper
Feta cheese
Garlic cloves (marinated in oil with fine herbs)

Wash and chop kale- cut down each side of the large stem in the middle of the leaf and then cut each side of leaf into smaller pieces.

Put kale in steamer and cover with lid.  Check kale every so often and sprinkle to taste with salt.  When kale looks dark green and is soft and tender, it is ready!  Kale needs to be cooked thoroughly... I have read some recipes that say 5 mins. but I definitely steam it longer than that.


Move kale to bowl and add more salt if you need to as well as cracked black pepper.


Chop marinated garlic and add garlic and feta to kale.  Toss and enjoy!

Eat alone or as a side/salad to your entree...

<3LML.leafygreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment