Thursday, August 21, 2014

Seriously 10 minute tortellini

Just sharing a super quick, with minimal ingredients, but delicious recipe I came up with during our inservice week in preparation for "back to school!"  It's good that I do have a "not as serious" week to get readjusted to our back to school schedule, and during that week while looking for some "healthier" recipes to prepare, I came up with this idea:  It was seriously quick and different from what we usually have, since I did not top the pasta with sauce, but tried fresh cherry tomatoes instead!  

*I will be sharing the quick, weekday recipes that I turn to this school year with my fellow teacher/moms in an attempt to make our lives, if at all, slightly easier!

Seriously 10 minute Tortellini

Frozen tortellini 
(Used two bags of Great Value tortellini and had leftovers during the week)
Olive Oil
Ground black pepper
Cherry tomatoes
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Start boiling water in pot.
While water is boiling, slice cherry tomatoes.
Drizzle pan with olive oil and once pan and oil are hot, add cherry tomatoes and saute until cooked.
Once water is boiling, add tortellini.  
(It's literally done in 5-7 mins!)
Strain pasta, drizzle with olive oil, and add cracked black pepper...mix.


Serve tortellini in bowl and top with tomatoes.  Shredded parm will finish off this delish dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment