Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quick Bake Loaded Potato Slices

As proof that my home life/work life combination has become more than super busy, I have not published a post in about a month and a half! 

At work, I volunteered to take part in a Samsung Galaxy Tablet pilot program, and my involvement and commitment to work has increased greatly... extra meetings, more planning time to integrate technology to ensure that my kids get the best education and get the most out of this opportunity. 
I was given the privilege of traveling to Austin, TX for 3 days for a technology convention to fill my brain with ideas, and since then, I have been a little lax on the food blog mission. 

But lately, because I have been so busy, I was forced to create some quick dinner ideas on the fly...   this was a Wednesday night, I was super tired when we got home, I had to take care of my son and dog, cook dinner, and get ready for a live webinar all at the same time.  I fried some steaks with onions on the stove and while that was cooking I made up this quick side to go with the steaks. 

We always think of steak and baked potatoes... and these are nearly the same, but sooo much quicker and easier! Soooo good!

Loaded Potatoe Slices 

Two potatoes
Seasoned Salt (Tastefully Simple)
Fresh ground black pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
Bacon bits
Sour cream, chives, etc.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel, wash, and thinly slice potatoes.  Spray cookie sheet with Pam or olive oil (I didn't do this, but wish I would have...).  Spread potato slices evenly in one layer over cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt and black pepper. 
 



Bake for 10 mins.  Take potatoes out of oven and spread shredded cheese over all potatoes.  Sprinkle with bacon bits.  Bake for about 10-15 more mins. until cheese is melted and/or until potatoes are fully cooked.  Serve hot with sour cream and chives or any other baked potato toppings.


Howdoyoubakeyourpotato?? LML<3

No comments:

Post a Comment