Monday, July 20, 2015

Italian Chicken Skillet

Quick and easy skillet I came up with during the week using ingredients I had in the pantry!  Total time:  30-40 mins.

Italian Chicken Skillet

Chicken breasts
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chicken Broth
Hunt's Diced Tomatoes- Basil, Garlic, and Oregano
Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
White Rice or Pasta



Heat skillet and drizzle with olive oil.
 Add chicken breasts to hot skillet and season both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
Flip chicken breasts occasionally, cooking both sides evenly. 




After chicken is mostly cooked on both sides add chicken broth to skillet, filling until broth reaches top of chicken.



When broth has mostly boiled out, remove chicken from skillet and cut into chunks.


Add more broth, cooking until chicken chunks are fully cooked through.

Add the diced tomatos and season with Garlic Garlic and Onion Onion.  These are my two favorite seasonings that I use in EVERYTHING I make, but you can easily use minced garlic or garlic salt and onion powder as well.    


Cook in skillet until tomatoes and chicken broth form a sauce.  Another option that I did the first time I made this dish was to chop cherry tomatoes instead of using canned tomatoes.  This time though I was trying to save time which is why I went with the canned tomatoes...both tasted delicious, so it's up to you!


Once the water (chicken broth) has mostly boiled out again, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and heat until cheese is melted.


Shake bread crumbs over melted cheese and leave over heat for a few additional minutes.






Serve over rice or pasta.
YUM!


<3LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment