Saturday, September 13, 2014

Veggie stuffed flank steaks with oven roasted corn on the cob

No back story for this one, just a red meat lover/craver looking for a different take on preparing steak!  The idea came from a Pinterest post- there was a picture, but it was not linked to a recipe so I had to completely wing it on this one!

I served my steak rolls over an Arugula/Spinach mix and served oven roasted corn on the cob on the side!  My favorite veg side to prepare in the summer, is corn cooked in foil on the grill.  When I was forced to cook our foil wrapped corn on the cob for our 4th of July picnic in the oven because the grill was full, I was pleasantly surprised that it worked out just as good as cooking on the grill, but with less work so it is easy to prepare on a weeknight.  

If you really want to save time, you can literally prepare everything the night before (meat rolls and corn wrapped in foil) so when you get home from work the next night, it will only take 30 mins. in the oven to cook!

Veggie Stuffed Flank Steaks

*30 min. prep, 30 min. cook
Flank steaks or thinly sliced steaks
Salt and pepper
Italian Dressing 
Worcestershire Sauce
Parsley
(I do not lie when I say I use these seasonings on EVERYTHING!)
Green onions
Zucchini
Matchstick carrots
Red pepper
Green pepper
White onion
Corn on the cob
Butter
Arugula/spinach mix



Preheat oven to 450.
Season steaks generously with salt and pepper, Garlic Garlic, Seasoned Salt, Onion Onion, and parsley.



Cover steaks with Italian dressing and add about half that amount of Worcestershire sauce.  Cover with lid or plastic wrap and shake container making sure all meat is completely coated.  Refrigerate covered meat while you prep the corn and veggies, about 20-30 mins.



Chop all veggies in thin slices.



Rub cobs of corn with butter and sprinkle each with seasoned salt.  Wrap each cob in foil and put in oven when it is heated.  Corn should cook in 20-30 mins. but check periodically to see when it's done.





Remove meat from refrigerator and put some of each kind of veggie in the middle of the steak.  Roll the steak around the veggies and put rolled steaks in a glass casserole dish. 




Top steaks with a drizzle of olive oil and the left over marinade.  
Put steaks in oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked the way you like it. 



On this night, I actually cooked the corn cobs and meat in the oven at the same time and it worked out rather well!



The corn took about 30 mins. to cook from the time I put it in and I ended up taking it out about 7 mins. before I took the meet out.



When serving the steak rolls, top them with fresh cut green onions.  (I recently started regrowing my green onions after I use them.  Just place in a glass of water near light and watch them regrow quickly!  You do have to change the water and rinse the bulbs frequently.)









Served over Arugula/Spinach mix


<3CARNIVORE.LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment