Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simply Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup

Again, I try to find basic recipes to make and if I can make my life any easier, I will- after all, that's what this whole thing is all about! 

On a chilly day when I was craving some warm, hearty soup and had a "to do list" a mile long and therefore, no spare hours that are required for making a time consuming soup, I decided to check out Tastefully Simple's Chicken Tortilla Soup mix 
( http://www.tastefullysimple.com/ ). 

I used it as sort of a base and just added some extra ingredients to make it what I NEEDED in that moment!  It turned out to be an amaaazing soup that satisfied my craving.... and honestly took about 30 mins. to prepare, so I thought I would just throw this idea out there...


 
The soup is sooo simple to make, that all it calls for is water and chicken (you can even use canned chunk chicken!). 
I decided to throw in the following ingredients to make the soup my own: 
a can of corn, a can of black beans, a can of chopped green chiles, fresh cilantro, and some Fiesta brand Quick Chili Mix powder for seasoning, but I'm sure any chili powder would do.



 I am in love with cilantro!!
 
 
 
 
And of course, top with sour cream, fresh cilantro, and some squirts of fresh lime juice!
Eat/top with tortilla chips or saltine crackers!

 
 
 
 <3 LML, loverofsoups.

No comments:

Post a Comment