Thursday, January 12, 2017

Oven-baked Black Bean and Corn Chicken Tenderloins

So this recipe was created when I went and did my weekly shopping WITHOUT my normal preparations...creating my menu for the week and list beforehand.  I went to Aldi straight from watching the Steeler game at the bar this past Sunday, so I had to shop randomly and think of meals on a whim...but I actually ended up doing rather well, even after having a few beers and being quite tipsy!

Will need...
-Package of chicken tenderloins 
(I bought a pack with enough to line my 9x11 glass baking dish)
-Jar of black bean and corn salsa 
(I used Specially Selected brand from Aldi)
-Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning
-Garlic Garlic Seasoning 
(I use Tastefully Simple, but any minced garlic seasoning mix will work)
-Cracked black pepper
-Shredded Mexican cheese
-Crushed tortilla chips
-Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
-Any other Mex toppings you love- raw onion, jalapeno, etc.

_________________________________________________________________

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread a small amount of salsa over bottom of baking dish.
Line baking dish with chicken tenderloins.

                           
Season tenderloins generously with the Adobo seasoning, Garlic Garlic (minced garlic), and cracked black pepper.


                                     
Dump the rest of the salsa evenly over the tenderloins and bake for 20 minutes.
Take out of the oven and cut one of the tenderloins from the middle to make sure they are cooked.
Now that the salsa is heated, spread it more evenly over the tenderloins and bake for an additional 5 mins...longer if the chicken was not fully cooked yet.


Sprinkle shredded cheese over the salsa and bake 5 more mins. or until cheese is melted.



                    Remove from oven and top with crushed up tortilla chips and baking a final 5 more mins. or until salsa is bubbling through the cheese.
                                                        


Serve with a side of tortilla chips and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Add any other toppings you love...I topped with raw onion and jalapeƱos ❤



                                             
                                             

                                    Kid approved!!


<3LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment