Friday, August 28, 2015

Shredded Ranch Chicken BLT Sliders

A twist on the traditional BLT...

While doing my meal planning on a Sunday, I was thinking of making chicken sandwiches for dinner during the week, (something easy!) but I'm not a huge fan of the huge breast of chicken on bread deal...so I knew I wanted to shred the chicken instead.  We love BLTs and eat them every once in a while for lunch during the summer or on the weekends and maybe once in a while for dinner, so I combined the two and then thought a ranch flavoring would go well with the BLT flavoring... From there I created my own super simple recipe that can be quickly whipped up during the week!  The fam LOVED it!  ENJOY!

Shredded Ranch Chicken BLT Sliders

3 chicken breasts
olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup milk
1 hidden valley buttermilk ranch dressing packet
1 packet of bacon
iceberg lettuce
sliced tomato
American cheese
slider buns


Heat oven to 375.
Drizzle glass pie plate or casserole dish with olive oil.

In order to cook the chicken faster, I usually slice each breast lengthwise so they're thinner.

Place chicken breasts in plate and drizzle the top of chicken with more olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.

I baked these breasts in the oven for 10 minutes and then flipped them and added salt and pepper to the other side.
I only cooked the other side for about 5 more minutes.
Total cook time for chicken was about 15-20 minutes.


While chicken is baking, start cooking the bacon.


Place chicken aside to cool.


Shred chicken when it has cooled.


Once chicken is shredded, add the ranch packet, 1/2 cup mayo, and 1/3 cup milk.


Mix well!





Spoon slightly warm or cooled shredded chicken mixture onto slider buns and top with bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese!









BLTaNEWway<3LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment