Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese

Well, I am a bit obsessed with cherry tomatoes and basil to say the least... both of which I am currently growing in my garden box outside, which I assume won't last too much longer due to the Texas heat!
Anyways, as of now I have an abundance of basil and I am constantly looking for new ideas to make the tomato basil concept work.

One night I was sitting around craving some tomato basil and I had some left over French bread.  I decided to try a tomato basil grilled cheese, which I have seen before on Pinterest.  I am a grilled cheese lover, so I was excited to try this twist on regular grilled cheese.  

This recipe is quick and super simple if you are looking for something healthy to eat and for an alternative to your normal, every day grilled cheese!

Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese

Cherry tomatoes
Fresh chopped basil
Basil Pesto (I used Classico)
Mozzarella Pearls
French Bread
Butter



Chop cherry tomatoes and basil and put in pan with a few spoonfuls of the basil pesto.  Cook over medium heat and stir often until basil pesto becomes more of a liquid.


Add mozzarella pearls to the mixture and continue to heat and stir until cheese begins to melt.


Butter one side of each slice of the French bread and spoon warm mixture onto the side of bread that is not buttered.



Add other slice and grill the sandwiches until golden brown.



ENJOY!  


<3mygrilledcheese.LML.

No comments:

Post a Comment