Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Chicken Alfredo

I could never, ever get enough pasta!  (I am part Italian, so it's in my blood!)  Anytime I eat pasta, I remember the smell of my mom's spaghetti sauce simmering away on the stove on a Sunday...  So, she does hate the fact that I use jarred sauce, ha ha, but it is a time saver- and I'm all about that. 
 
Pasta also takes me back to Rome- evening, sitting outside a restaurant in a black iron chair at a little black iron table chowing on a huge plate of pasta and sauce, sipping on a glass of red table wine and watching the people pass, listening to other diners' Italian conversations..aaahhh, not a care in the world! 
(Except for what I was going to eat next!) 
Now, anytime I make a pasta dish, I shoot for recreating that feeling.  SOOO......
This dish MUST BE paired with a glass of red; cab or Melot, whichever you prefer...
but you HAVE TO BE sipping while you're cooking! 
This is also a great weeknight meal after a looooong workday, it just makes you feel good!
 
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Chicken Alfredo
 
RED WINE
 Chicken Breast
Fettucine Noodles
Minced garlic
Cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil
Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo
Cajun Seasoning
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Chili Powder
Artichokes and Feta Cheese (optional)
 
 
 
 
Begin by boiling water for fettucine noodles and cooking chicken breasts in skillet.  I drizzle mine with walnut oil while they cook.  Season chicken with Cajun seasoning and Lawry's. 
(Again, I will apologize as I do not measure, just season to your heart's desire <3). 
 
While noodles and chicken are cooking, half tomatoes and rip basil leaves.
Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, cut into bite-sized pieces and return to skillet.  Add entire jar of sauce to cooked chicken.  Cook until warm and add two tablespoons of minced garlic.  Throw in cherry tomato pieces and add chili powder to mixture. 
Simmer for 10-15 mins.
 

 
When mixture is heated thoroughly add basil leaves.













Once pasta is cooked to your liking, stir fettuccine into skillet with sauce mixture.


 
Top with fresh basil leaves, artichokes, and feta cheese.  (Highly recommended!)
Serve hot with a glass of red...


 
Mangiamo!   lml.

No comments:

Post a Comment